Wednesday, March 25, 2009

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!













Measurements:-

Weight: 11st 7lb
Waist: 31.25"
Hips: 42.5"

I'm putting these gains down to "the time of the month" as I've been training hard and watching my diet.




Hi Gang!

Sorry to have been away for so long - life kind of got in the way! However, you'll be pleased to know that I've not been skipping any of my Storm Force Challenge workouts.

As you can see from the above measurements and photos nothing's really happening as yet, however, the way the Storm Force Challenge has been devised is that the first 4 weeks are geared to getting you started and building up a base level of fitness and from week 5 onwards - when strength and power training start to be incorporated - then my weight and measurements should start to change.

So to give you a brief description of what I've been doing training-wise:-

There have been a lot of kettlebell type exercises (swings, snatches, etc.) that I've been doing with dumbbells because, unfortunately, I don't have access to kettlebells, an interval run (YUK! - as you can see from my pictures, I'm not built for speed!), lots of skipping (I don't remember skipping being such hard work when I was in the school playground!) and many circuit-style workouts. It's been hard work but I always feel such a sense of accomplishment when it's over and I'm still upright and able to talk!

This afternoon I'll be doing an hill interval session - it' called the Vomet Comet and I'm looking forward to that like a hole in the head! Tomorrow's session is a circuit style affair including a half manmaker (check it out on You Tube), burpees, a sprint and skipping - I feel knackered just typing it!

The thing to remember with training programs is that your body won't change overnight. If you are trying to lose weight, for instance, you must remind yourself that the Xlbs it is you want to lose didn't just appear overnight - it happened gradually - so it makes sense that it will come off gradually, too.

Also, it's not just about the exercise - one of my fave sayings is:-

You can't exercise away a bad diet and you can't eat yourself fit!

Think about it........

So, I'll be back on a regular basis again, until next time.....

BE YOUR BEST!








3 comments:

Fitness Integral said...

You're looking great Jo! Keep it up! I'm joining the fun this weekend after the MIM rest is over. :)

Jo said...

Hello YOU! Why thank you kindly! And you're looking pretty fab after MIM, too. The Storm Force Challenge is SO different from MIM - I'm really enjoying it - it'll be good to have you on the team.

Judith said...

Hey Lady..

Looking good! Dunno why you put it off for so long! Keep it up!!

Judith