Thursday, November 05, 2009

OFF TO A ROCKY START!

Well hello!  Yes, a day late I know - but there was a rather large puppy related hiccough in that Buddy (that's the puppy) spent most of Tuesday night/Wednesday morning throwing up and I was up with him from 2am!

So this is what the past two days training (or not!) look like:-

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3rd
RUN - gentle 40 minute run (+ 5 mins each warming up and cooling down) and felt very comfortable.  It wasn't fast and I have no idea as to the distance but, as I've explained, that's not the focus at the moment.


WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 4th
This ended up as my rest day (see above).  Having been up from 2am I just did not have the energy to train......

So there we go!  Not perfect but that's life.  The main thing is to not let these unavoidable mishaps put you off.  Just jump back on that ol' wagon as soon as you can and carry on.  For me, this means that today and tomorrow will be running days but the main thing is that will have stayed on track with my training.

Finally, I am happy to report that Buddy is now fully recovered from whatever it was and, all things being equal, I should be back on track!

Until next time......

BE YOUR BEST!

No comments: