Tuesday, November 10, 2009

LATEST UPDATE

Hello again!  Well, it looks and feels as though winter has arrived...I hope you're all fine and dandy and that this cold damp weather isn't putting you off your training.

The last time I was here I reported on my training for November 5th so I'd better bring you up to date.....

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6th
RUN - I did a fartlek (Swedish for speed play) session - basically it's an unstructured interval session where you just pick a point (car, lamppost, tree, whatever) and change your pace up or down from your current pace.  I was out for about 45 minutes and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 7th
WEIGHT TRAINING - 3 mini circuits comprising: reverse lunge, overhead press, incline chest press, 1-arm row, incline row, squat, forward lunge, Romanian dead lift, push press, wide grip pull up, wide grip push up, narrow grip pull up, narrow grip push up - in various combinations.  I felt knackered but good after that lot!

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 8th
RUN - I decided to see how long it would take me to cover 5 miles without busting a gut!  Again, not impressive but I have to start somewhere......

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 55.32
Pace: 11.05 m/m

I have to admit that a couple of times I slowed down almost to a walk because it was so muddy - now, don't get me wrong: I'm certainly no wuss when it comes to getting muddy BUT I really don't want to fall or trip and risk injuring myself......if I'm injured I can't work!

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9th
This ended up being a rest day with just a little power walking with clients.

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 10th
RUN - I did a hill session today.  Pootled gently to the hill decided I would run up it 5 times and ended up doing it 7 times so was very happy with that and pootled back again - job done!

JUST A COUPLE OF THINGS
As time passes and you read this you may think that my running training is slightly slack, however, in my defence I do also run and/or power walk 3-4 times per week with clients AND Buddy gets 1 90-minute and 2 20-30 minute walks every day - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Also, I've decided that from my next weight training session (tomorrow) I will do my leg exercises using just my bodyweight (there's enough of it!) as I don't want to skip that part of my training but I don't want to knacker my legs!

Finally, I don't know what I was thinking when I said that my half marathon training schedule would kick off on November 23rd (I was obviously having an elderly blonde moment!), it will, of course, kick off the week commencing December 14th - I think!

So, that brings me up to date - do get in touch and let me know what you think and how it compares to your current training routine.  Let me know if you're training for something specific and we can compare notes.

Until next time......

BE YOUR BEST! 


No comments: