Tuesday, November 03, 2009

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Again - the first thing I have to do is apologise for being away for so long.....I really don't quite know how it happened, however, we did get a puppy at the end of June and he's been keeping me very busy! I will post some photos of him soon - promise.

So, why am I back now? Well, last Friday I did something rather rash......I entered the Wokingham Half Marathon! Yes, I know - bonkers! I've done 4 half marathons over the past 5 years or so and I would LOVE to haul myself round in under 2 hours - so that's the plan.

 What I intend to do on this blog is record all my training: running, weight training, diet, etc. and share with you how it's going (or not!).
I shall endeavour to update everyday - talking about the previous days' training.

Briefly, my running training plan is as follows:-

I'm currently running twice a week for 45-60 minutes - I'm giving myself 3 weeks (from last Sunday, November 1st) to be running 2-3 times a week for 30-45 minutes and once a week for 75 minutes then on the week commencing Monday, November 23rd I will follow a 10-week training schedule that, if all goes well, should get me round in under 2 hours.

So, to bring you up to speed, my training since Sunday looks like this:-

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 1st
RUN - Managed to get out for 45 minues gentle running before the skies opened! PHEW!

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2nd
WEIGHT TRAINING - 4 mini circuits consisting of dumbbell lunges, planks, push ups, biceips curls, squats, over head press, Bulgarian split squats and front raises in various combinations finished of with 5 minutes of skipping. I had jelly legs after that lot, I can tell you!

And that's it so far. I'd love to hear from you with any comments or questions you may have so please do post on the blog.

So until tomorrow.......

BE YOUR BEST!




No comments: