Thursday, March 12, 2009

OH MY THIGHS!

Completed workout 3 of the first week of the Storm Force Challenge - the 4th and final one of the week is tomorrow - EEEEK!

Currently I feel as if my legs are not only made of jelly but that they actually belong to someone else.....

Today's workout was split into 2 sections, the first being a delightful circuit style affair called Pulse Pyramid Mk1. This little beauty consisted of a total of 6 exercises (involving a lot of jumping) each being performed for 30 seconds, that's not so bad I hear you say - HA! The devilish thing about it is that you start with one exercise, then add the second, then add the third and so on until you're doing all 6 THEN you take the first exercise away, then remove the second and so on until you're back to 1 exercise. It was HELLISH - at one point I thought I was going to pass out! BUT I DIDN'T! I completed it and felt SO pleased with myself.

Unfortunately, it wasn't over yet! I then had to perform a series of swings (an exercise that should really be done with kettlebells but I don't have any so I use dumbbells) with minimal rest between each set......I did it and felt rather hysterical by the end, I honestly didn't know if I wanted to laugh or cry or both!

So, until 6:30 tomorrow morning it's all over - I've had a long soak in a wonderful bubble bath and I'm about to drag myself upstairs to bed.

I'll be back tomorrow to tell you about the last workout of the week.

Until then........

BE YOUR BEST!

No comments: